Our law firm stands ready to assist other attorneys in a variety of capacities. We can act as “local counsel” here in Texas when needed. We can also work together as co-counsel as well as taking the reins in litigation as lead trial counsel. This is true both for cases filed within the State of Texas as well as litigation filed in other state and federal courts.
Wigington Rumley Dunn & Blair LLP’s referral process must be in harmony with the latest requirements of the Texas Rules of Professional Conduct governing fees, specifically Rule 1.04(f),(g). We are happy to negotiate the level of involvement of the referring counsel, and we negotiate fees based upon a variety of factors, including:
- Complexity of the matter factually;
- Complexity of the law applicable to the claims;
- Expense requirements (investigation, expert opinions, reconstruction, testing, etc.);
- Requirements of the jurisdiction where the accident occurred and/or the suit is filed;
- Time frame for the litigation and trial; and
- Level of responsibility undertaken by Wigington Rumley Dunn & Blair LLP.
Our agreements are negotiated and executed with full agreement and understanding on the part of all the attorneys involved as well as the clients who have been harmed and are seeking justice.
Everyone at Wigington Rumley Dunn & Blair LLP considers it an honor to be entrusted with your interests as well as those of your client. Have a case to refer? Want to discuss referral or collaboration? Please feel free to call our offices or send an email message directly to any of our firm’s attorneys.